Monday, August 9, 2010

Normal service is resumed.


It's been a while but here I am. The Monster Cross had an outing to sunny France for some fantastic riding and a couple of nights under the stars too. 100°+ temperature, BIG 1000 metre plus climbs and loaded single speeds just seem to fit together like a glove on your foot - but it was fun non the less. There should be a picture here to give you an idea of the terrain, when they describe it as volcano country they certainly mean it. I didn't really have a defined route, just a rough idea of what direction I was meant to be heading. This gave loads of scope to explore all the little tracks and trails I came across ... some superb and some not so. I discovered that wild camping within French national parks is very much a no no, so late camps, early starts and stealth was the order of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment