Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2010 ... The year to ride all the stuff you've meant to?


I've spent the last 4 and a bit years looking at the mountains which make up the sides of the valley here. There's a good chance that I know them better than anyone. Within a couple of weeks of living here I'd walked all over them and discovered some of their secrets but I've never ridden down them.
Each has its own character; on one side there is Esgair Geulan, a big hump backed lump covered in ferns apart from the track which runs the length of its spine. A steep, swoopy trail with corners that you could drift forever. On the other side is Creigiau Pennant, stupidly steep in places and stupidly narrow in others with very big consequences if it goes wrong.
So I've decided that 2010 will be the year to ride them. I don't know why I never have, it's just one of those things. I'll be riding with a helmet camera and post the results up once I get them. So if you've got something local that for whatever reason you've never ridden this could be the year to get out and put the balance right.

No comments:

Post a Comment